Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Why?

Just another day slowly getting back into a routine. Yesterday was in fact very much like the day before save for the surprise sales. Schooling was short, but full of complaints and when it was done the children went straight to their computers and I went straight to my tatting nest. I got the mask I've been working on done and then went ahead and listed on unmade thing off the list as a custom piece and remade another. That was pretty much the day.

In fact the only thing of interest I have to share is a bit of confusion. You know I haven't made a new tutorial video in quite some time for a bunch of reasons, but that's not the point. My little YouTube channel is stale and pretty boring looking, but recently I have been gaining subscribers like crazy. I began noticing an increase of notification emails around Christmas, but it wasn't until this morning that I popped by to see what all the hubbub was. I've gotten over 50 new subscribers in the last 30 days...why? The only thing I can figure is people like to learn new things at the beginning of the year, but how or why are they finding me? I'm puzzled and frankly every time I get notification of a comment there I'm just afraid they're going to start the whole, 'you're pronouncing picot wrong' thing again. I'm not sure what they want me to do about that...remake the whole video, dub it, because I don't have that skill set.

I'm really not certain what I'm going to get up to today. I'll likely stare at my to-make list for a while, stall for a little while longer while I silently wish for a sale to take the decision away from me. If the sun is out, I swear I'll get the new bracelet listed and maybe after all that stalling I'll start the choker design. All this is just speculation though, I'm feeling very aimless this morning. Very aimless indeed.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I didn't know you had a YouTube channel! I'm subscribed now, too! ^_~ Strange that you've gotten so many random subscribers, though. Maybe you got highlighted on a webpage somewhere in the ether, & people have found your channel that way.

Anonymous said...

I found your YouTube videos when someone posted on Craftster with pics of a necklace they'd made from one of your free patterns. I'd never seen tatting like that before - in fact had rarely seen anything tatted - so I had to try it, and your videos were easy to follow. I haven't been out to Craftster lately but maybe that's what happened this time.

Anonymous said...

I found your YouTube videos when someone posted on Craftster with pics of a necklace they'd made from one of your free patterns. I'd never seen tatting like that before - in fact had rarely seen anything tatted - so I had to try it, and your videos were easy to follow. I haven't been out to Craftster lately but maybe that's what happened this time.

** jess! ** said...

Maybe it's Pinterest or I've been on Craftster like Meg said, but I didn't see any other tatting (other than my own I mean)
I know we are about 2 thousand miles apart, but right now it's a very cloudy day but it looks like the sun may come out soon. :o) Maybe you will get some sun today.