Monday, January 7, 2013

A Little New

It's over...vacation is over. Not that it was really any sort of vacation for me, but it was a vacation from schooling he kids and sometimes a change of routine is what you need. The children have already expressed their sincere displeasure at not being able to play Mine Craft all morning and instead having to learn, so today promises to be...rough.

I didn't get a single request here for a specific new tatting pattern to be released for sale, not a one. Elsewhere I got a couple of comments, but not many. Since there isn't the demand I thought there was for me to list more patterns, I'm just not going to worry about it right now. I sold my first offering so quickly that I think I must have gotten ahead of myself. Maybe sometime in the future I'll revisit the idea.

I did get a little creative on Friday though. I was remaking a bracelet from a vintage pattern and since it had been a while since I had made this particular one, I pulled out the pattern book. I always make changes with each of the old patterns, sometimes a few, sometime a lot, but looking at the original pattern is the only way for me to remember what I did. Anyway, another pattern on the same page got me thinking and all that thinking turned into this pattern. It actually looks nothing like the pattern that inspired it, not even a little bit. This one is all me and at this point, not quite right.

I spent the rest of Friday playing with a few other choices and came up with this one as the final design. I turned the first go of it into a bracelet. It works up a little bigger than most of my bracelets, which probably means it's better sized. I'll probably get the design worked up into a choker as well, but as we return to a regular routine today, I have fewer hours in the day to work with. I still have a queue full of masks to remake, an art project to get back to and more end of the year accounting to tackle. So much for a restful start to the new year.

3 comments:

God's Kid said...

That is a fabulous looking design!!! :)

Susie said...

That is really nice! The onion ring with the thrown ring is a nice technique. Have you see Julie Patterson's "Eye Spy"? She throws off a clover, but all the onion rings are right together. I definitely like your more lacy version.

TotusMel said...

Thanks!
@Susie No, I haven't seen that design. I'll have to go look it up, thanks!