Friday, September 18, 2009

Spider

It's going to get really real over at my place soon. My 5 year old in now officially enrolled in the virtual academy. I've received a call from her assigned teacher, whom I get to meet next week and her materials should arrive early next week. This means my lackadaisical approach to homeschooling will now be overseen by an actual public school entity. Part of me dreads the attention and another part of me welcomes the support. At least if I fail, it's only kindergarten and I won't have caused and irreparable scars to my child. I know I can put in the hours for her, but I'm fairly certain they will now be in a nice little scheduled block. Just having the two year old to look after will take care of that. I guess the only thing for it, is to give it a go.

The children went off with their grandparents yesterday for lunch and visiting. This left me all by my lonesome and aside from freaking out a bit over the schooling thing all I did was catch up on television I'd been dvr'ing for weeks. I did work on the ankle corsets some more, but decided to take a break to make something new. Well, now to be honest, it the worlds second easiest tatting pattern, the first being the flower doodle and well everyone has made one I'm sure, so new it's not. All I did was add a small ring to the other side of the web to attach the spider to metal necklace and there you have it, a spider necklace. Simple as a dimple. If you haven't made one of these doodles yet, give it a try. All you need to do is make a ring of whatever amount of double stitches you like with 4 really long picots, close with a long tail, then cut the picots to make the legs. Perfect little Halloween decoration. Of course you could add a second ring for a more elaborate spider, which is what I plan to do for the next necklace.

4 comments:

FetishGhost said...

I think you'll enjoy the stucture of the virtual acadamy. It's nice to have the support materials and scripts to teach with as well. You'll have fun. We are just ending our fouth week and it's going pretty darn good!

Sparrow said...

A bead in the center of that spider body would add a really cute sparkle... just saying. :)

.:Sparrow

Denise Felton said...

LOVE the spider! I just put a link to this post on my blog. I hope it brings you a few extra clicks.

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

Candy said...

It's great that you got your daughter into the virtual academy. I think you will do fine with their schooling. Just remember to include child-based social activities for them. A freind who did home-school forgot that at first and there where some issues, but they got sorted and her daughter is doing well and very happy.

As far as sales, I have not sold on thing in more then 4 months. Sales are just slow right now. As long as you put your best work out there then the sales will come.

All Blessings,
Candy
EyeCandyChainmaille