Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Foot

The husband is out of town for a conference, so I spent the day in the laziest way possible. After schooling all I did was read and knot lace. That was it, well I did feed the kids and take care of the animals, but I didn't clean anything or run any errands. Of course that has left me with a ton of stuff that I need to do today, but it seemed worth it at the time.

As for the Armenian lace doily, I finished up the three rounds of basket stitch. The last one was getting a bit tricky as it was getting a bit bigger than is easy to keep consistently sized. After this point I started back in with the plain loops. Of course doing them over the large loops and keeping them consistent is a challenge here too. After a few rounds I think I am going to attempt to make a pattern in the small loops, what exactly I don't know. I imagine there will need to be some counting before I begin and probably some math. I'm always warning people how much hidden math is in lace making. Speaking of math, it is about 12 inches across now and I haven't even made a dent in the ball of thread I'm using. This project will definitely be around awhile.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Beautiful work nice to see!