Wednesday, March 23, 2016

2 Feet

I was ridiculously sore all day yesterday. I actually had to set my phone to remind me to get up and stretch every 30 minutes just to force myself to move and stretch. Ah, Spring yard work, you are truly evil. That being said, I did get some sitting down things done. I worked up a pendant for International Tatting Day, though I won't show that to you. It's not terribly impressive, but it's cute, small, and will be perfect as the surprise, inexpensive pendant for the day. I did not, however, work on the pattern. I know, you're not shocked by that admission at all.


I spent most of the day with a book in my lap, well a kindle anyway, and the Armenian lace in my hands. In fact I had a milestone day with it. This picture represents the moment I hit 2 whole feet across. It was the last round of the diamond pattern. After this I switched back to plain loops. I actually got a few more rounds done after this and ended the day with another half inch added to the diameter. That means each round is almost 6 and a half feet long. The ball of thread is ebbing quickly though and is likely to give up the ghost today. It'll be another milestone, but I'm not stopping there. I'm halfway to a decent sized table cloth, it would be a shame to stop now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's getting so big! It's gorgeous. Congrats on 2 feet!

SWtrompeter said...

Wow! The tablecloth is beautiful.