Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Back To Normal

Ah, back to what passes for normal around here. School took up the morning and we discovered that a pair of nesting mourning doves on our fence had laid an egg. Their position on the fence is perfect for us to watch them from inside the house without disturbing them at all. Of course I did have to get this picture from outside when the mother bird had gone off the nest for a short time in the morning. I sure hope this little egg makes it to baby bird.

After schooling I meant to get to tatting, but I just didn't. Each round of the Armenian lace is nearly 7 feet long now and I can barely finish one round in a day. Of course that's partly because I went smaller for the sake of density. I'd be flying around at the size the loops were before I shrunk them. I finished round two of the basket stitch and started in on round three. I want to keep going, but I know I need to get back to some tatting. I've got a necklace to remake and I really ought to make more of the pendant for Friday, so I can list it properly. There's also some cleaning I need to get done because this weekend is my youngest child's birthday and the family will be gathering. I've got the rest of the week to get to that though and you know I'm going to procrastinate as long as I can.

No comments: