Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Recap

All the best laid plans are put aside when Netflix releases the new season of a favorite show. Thus my weekend was much less about finishing the tatting pattern and much more about binge watching. Other than being glued to the couch watching Daredevil, we had a birthday gathering for my niece and nephew, and we ran a few quick errands. The couch was pretty much my weekend though.

I did get an order in the shop. Actually there were a few orders. All save one were patterns though. The one piece I sold, I took the time to remake for the shop. It was nice getting some tatting done. It was even nicer getting paid for it honestly. I'm crossing my fingers for more.

The rest of my binge-watching weekend was full of knotting. While I couldn't work on the pattern because it would have taken my eyes away from the television, I could knot on the Armenian lace the entire time without missing a thing. I've reached approximately 22.5 inches across. That's nearing 6 feet around. I think I'm almost done with the current pattern round as well. I think maybe one more square to reach four diagonally and then it'll be back to a few rounds of plain small loops. The loops on these last few rounds are getting big and a little too floppy for my liking. I want to tighten up the design a bit soon. Of course after that I've no idea what I'm going to do. I'll figure it out though.

The kids are off of school this week which means I should have the time I need to get the pattern rewritten and ready to sell. I also need to get the pendant made and ready to sell. Though if recent years are any indication I won't sell many of them. I still need to make a few anyway. It may not be a real tradition, but I've done it for a few years and I'm not ready to give up on it yet. Hopefully this year will surprise me.

1 comment:

M said...

I love getting your blog emails (why can't all blogs do this!? i am always up to date with yours and it's my fav bc i check my email daily so i know i will get the new posts!). Lately i have been LOVING getting to follow the progression of the Armenian lace! its so big and looks great! Love what you do. :) I started tatting this past summer and you were/are my inspiration for so much of what i do. I love that you put such a modern twist on such an old craft.