Thursday, March 10, 2016

Marathon

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for Tatting day. I tried asking over on the Facebook page, but I didn't get a whole lot of responses or 'likes' and half of the comments I got weren't exactly helpful. I've gotten no suggestions here, which all leaves me figuring it all out myself. I suppose that's how it usually is, but it also leaves me thinking there is far less enthusiasm for the idea than in past years. Maybe I just won't stress or focus on it then. If something comes to me, great, if not, no big loss.

I did switch gears on the Armenian lace yesterday. I had managed 10 rounds of the small lops, so it
was time for a change. I'm now on the second round of fancy side loops. I remember hating these on my first doily as getting them even in size is quite fiddly. I'm better at it now, but I still don't love them. I'm thinking three rounds for the sake of design and then I'll be off to something else. Perhaps another small loops pattern round, maybe zig-zags. Who know if I'll even finish the three round of this today. Since this stitch is more complex, I mange only about a quarter of a round with a single length of thread. It's slow going, but this is a marathon project, not a sprint. I sure would like an order in the shop for a quick pit stop of tatting though. Man, did I take that metaphor further than intended, sorry.

3 comments:

craftie sylvie said...

Hi Pam! Cheer up, I'm sure a lot of people go on reading your blog. As for me the enthusiasm for your work is NOT lessening. Only I had no brilliant idea for Tatting Day. Plus the school year is not divided into semesters here, but trimesters, and it's the end of the second one now so I'm busy busy busy with exams and I didn't have much time to spend on crafts. I mean to have a little break today though (found a new pattern I really want to try) but I haven't even have grabbed my needle (nor knitting nor crochet!!!!!) in 7 days. My personal record.
As for the idea you're looking for, I'm sure you'll come up with something I like. You always do :)
Sylvie
PS I really like the idea of the Black Star involved in the ITD ^_^

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

I completely forgot to go back to the post once I got home to share my input. So here are my suggestions - woven rose, the center medallion, black star or celtic triangle. Or you could go a different direction and do earrings. I really like the scalloped crown earrings. I saw that most people that commented were only looking at the pictures of patterns you showed..odd how that works sometimes. Hope these suggestions help! As always, I'm anxiously awaiting whatever pattern you choose to release that day! Have a good one!!

SWtrompeter said...

I'm afraid I don't have any good suggestions for International Tatting Day, but whatever you choose to do will be very pretty. (It always is.) The tablecloth 'marathon' is coming along nicely and looks beautiful.