So the drought killed our lawn and then El Niño came and watered the barren land creating a weed covered wasteland in our backyard. Somehow we managed to keep the front yard grass, but the backyard didn't have a prayer. While the yard itself will require some kind of chemical intervention to restore, I took it upon myself to use the last sunny day before more rain to pull weeds in the borders so the poor plants there could thrive in peace. I only managed to get about halfway around the perimeter before I was completely physically spent. This morning I am a mess of sore muscles. Luckily my current regimen of too much allergy medication mostly held up under the pollen onslaught. Too bad I have much more work after this next bout of rainstorms passes.
While inside, after the weed pulling nonsense, I did just barely finish that third round of fancy side stitches. This brought me to 19 inches or 48 centimeters across. That's over 59 inches or 301 centimeters per round. I knew I would feel better about my progress when I switched to the metric system. I'm going to try another small loop pattern section next, but there will be more math before I can proceed.
Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to comment yesterday. I guess I really needed to hear a few voices out there to remind me that I wasn't just talking into the void. The plan I've decided on is that I will write up the pattern for the Black Star pendant as the sale pattern released that day. Sometime between now and then I will either come up with a new small pendant design to sell that day or pick one in the shop to reduce the price on. If I do design a new one, I might also release that pattern free either here or on Instructables. That last bit is very contingent on me getting a burst of inspiration or at the very least, a workable idea. It might not be the most solid of plans, but at least I have one now. Here's hoping it all comes together.