Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Progress

We're nearing the end of the semester for the kids schooling and that means semester reviews and long tests. Add in my normal household nonsense like dishes and laundry and what I'm left with is precious little time for anything else. I managed maybe a chapter of reading while they worked, but I got only a couple of interrupted hours to work on any tatting. I did get another design problem solved though. The top edge there holds the pieces together nicely and it sits on my neck well, so far. I still have to do this on the second side of the piece before I will know for certain though.

After that I have one more design challenge and that's the end of the piece. I don't think there's enough room to do another full motif on either side, but it's all too short as it is, so I need to design something else to finish the piece. It's always easier with small necklaces that I can just slap a Josephine chain on, but this is a bit of a beast in size. I haven't come up with any ideas yet, so if I get any tatting time today, it might all be just thinking about what might work. Even if I do figure it out and get it made, I will likely make a second piece before I try to put it up in the shop. I've worked on this off and on for so long I've lost the perspective I need for pricing. I need to know how long it takes to make when I'm not dragging my heels and working on designing elements. At least it's starting to feel like a real necklace, so I'm calling yesterday progress.

1 comment:

God's Kid said...

Beautiful design!!! :)