Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekends

Another tatting free weekend, but this time it was kind of on purpose. With no orders in queue, I chose to hone my stitching skills when I had time to sit. I even managed to finish one color of the design and move on to the second. I've still only worked the same kind of stitch though, so clearly I'll be at this one awhile. Saturday we went off to the Renaissance faire for the morning and the evening was spent in a fairly rare bout of socialization with friends. In the middle, there was being tired, some stitching and even some reading. I had watched a movie on Friday that made me want to read the book it was based on and thanks to the wonders of modern electronic books, I could read it immediately.

Sunday was our normal errands and probably due to the usual amount of energy expending on Saturday, it was mostly sitting about after that. Also I think that the kids gave me their most recent cold, or whatever it is. I've got the 'it'll hurt if I swallow' throat, some lovely cold sores, and a quality headache right now. If it follows the same pattern, I'm about to get quite congested and snuffly. Really looking forward to it.

Late in the weekend I did receive one custom order request that managed to get all the way to ordered, so I do have a tatting project for today. Hopefully I won't be too under the weather to get it done quickly and get a photo to share. Aside from the sick, it's a good way to start a new week.

5 comments:

The Tattered Maiden said...

I tried to ask you a question through etsy but I don't think it went through. Do you have any patterns for beginners, or do you know where I can get some?

TotusMel said...

Hi Erin, You might want to check your convos on etsy because I did answer that question for someone, I'm guessing you, about 6 days ago.
Google is your friend though, just search, you'll find them.

The Tattered Maiden said...

Does etsy not send alerts when someone responds? I feel foolish now.

TotusMel said...

Yes, etsy does send emails if you have your email notifications turned on. I'm not sure whether the default is on or off. Check under your account settings -> emails, to check what emails you want to get.

The Tattered Maiden said...

Thanks, I'll look into that.