Monday, September 29, 2014

Last One

The last thing I made for the last order I got was a custom pair of dream catcher earrings. It seems only fitting that since a spider spun the first dream catcher, that one day I would be asked to add a spider to the web. I first tried to find some spider charms to add, but I'm glad that I didn't find any. The small tatted spider is just right for it.

I finished these and got everything in this last order in the mail on Saturday morning and then the shop went dark again. Instead of tatting I spent the weekend on small craft projects. I got small laser cut frames for some Halloween cross stitches I made last year. I painted the frames black and got them all put together, but not on the walls yet.

Then when that was done, I dug through the bag of old craft kits I was gifted and pulled out a really simple cross stitch from the 1980's to work on. I'm going to rewrite the statement in the center of it, but otherwise, it's keeping me busy as is.

Oh, one more thing before I go, we went and saw The Boxtrolls over the weekend and it was brilliant. It's got nice, quirky, awkward British humor, but the most amazing part is during the credits where they show you just how much work goes into stop motion animation. Anyway, I just thought I'd recommend it, since we were so impressed.

Again, I start the week with no tatting projects in queue, so here's looking forward to some surprises and tasks to keep me busy.

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Very nice!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

Wonderful reminds us of upcoming events looks like a great idea!