Thursday, September 25, 2014

Twilled Again

Nothing new and interesting happened to break the monotony. No sales nor ideas and with the last embroidery kit done, I was at quite a loss for something to do with my sitting time. I would like to thank everyone for the lovely comments regarding my embroidery attempts and especially SWtrompeter for the idea of sewing it to an existing pillow, which is right up my lazy alley. As soon as I'm able to get a suitable one, that's most likely what I'll do.

I remembered late in the afternoon that I had quite a lot of scrap muslin and I decided to do some more twilling. I used a free PDF pattern from Urban Threads and made this little piece of nonsense. It's their logo, so that's why it's free, but it certainly looks like something I would make regardless. It's far from perfect, but it gave me something else to do with the time devoted to clearing off my DVR with the kids. 

I think I am going to buckle down and maybe try to get back to some designing today. I did a bit of tatting yesterday, but nothing of consequence and I really need to do something to jump start sales in the shop if I don't want this year's holidays to be ramen and i.o.u.'s. Hopefully the Muses will be kind.

3 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

This is interesting, can't wait to see end result.
Long ago you had a key design and I wondered if you still sell it and can it work for shuttle tatting I really liked it but can't recall.

TotusMel said...

@Madtatter80 No, I never wrote up the pattern for the key. I might one day, but no immediate plans for it, sorry.

Madtatter80 said...

Oh, that's too bad is super cute not sure if I could have converted to shuttle. would you mind is I tried guessing and did not sell it just use it for personal?