Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Done With That

My day was a bit thrown off yesterday by one of the cats exhibiting the symptoms of a bladder infection. Not the kind that one can politely ignore either, the messy, obvious, take me to the vet now, kind. So that's what we did. As soon as the office was open we made an appointment that was right in the middle of schooling. This drew schooling out much longer and I didn't even really sit down until well after lunch. The cat seems fine by the way. A few shots and she seems right as rain.

Once I did get a chance to sit down and work I was finally able to finish stitching. Here it is in all it's unwashed, unpressed, straight off the hoop, glory. Of course I looked at the directions for turning it into a pillow and I'm afraid the concept seems far too fiddly for me to even bother. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it other wise though. I suppose I could frame it, but that seems silly somehow. I'll figure something out...eventually.

Well, that brings me to the end of my stalling project and leaves me with little to do. I think I said that I'll work on snowflakes until a sale finally distracts me, but hopefully I find something more interesting to do instead. At least I managed to learn something new while stalling this time.

4 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I like your embroidery. Well done!

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Looks great! Those are my favorite flowers!

SWtrompeter said...

The embroidery is lovely! Perhaps instead of doing the whole 'turning it into a pillow from scratch' thing, you might find a pre-made sofa pillow, turn down a 'hem' on the embroidery, then hand-stitch the embroidery to one side of the pillow. A curved 'upholstery' needle would make this relatively easy to sew onto an already-existing pillow, too.

Madtatter80 said...

very nice beautifully well done!