Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ugh

So, Pam...how you doing this morning? Well, you remember that I mentioned there seemed to be something dead in my throat. It seems that over night, it invited over some friends and that urban myth about fingernails growing after death must be true because they are using them to do a little jig all over my throat. Other wise, I'm just peachy, thanks. Of course on the plus side, the rest of the family appears to be doing better so I didn't get to stay up half the night listening to the symphony of the coughs, so there's that at least.

The day wasn't too bad, I did a short school day for my oldest and they managed to be fairly well behaved thanks in part to art class. I finished wrapping the wire on one mask and made another that had been ordered. Then I got back to a project I wanted to do a while ago. I don't know if you remember an ankle corset design I did in browns that looked more like a spat. Well the brown version was promised to someone exclusively and while I still wait to break that surprise, I figured why not make it in another color scheme. I had taken out the gray threads quite a spell ago to try it, but with the desire to move a lot taken out of me, it was the perfect time to give it a go.

I of course did not write down the original pattern, as I had a prototype, never mind that said prototype is relatively useless as I made a major design change in the final piece. So, I used both that and the pictures I took to make the new one up. Now only one is done now, but I should be able to get its twin made today. If things go according to plan, I'll get pictures and get it listed as well. No guarantees of course. It always amuses me going back to a pattern like this. I wonder why I thought this strangely shaped mess would work in the first place. I do spend a lot of time stopping and trying things on to see if they will lay properly, but still, what a strange shape.

So, that's the plan for the day providing that the undead in my throat allow me some energy, it's too early to tell for sure yet. Oh and did I mention that my youngest turns three on Saturday which means I need to clean the house for the celebrations as well...so fun all around.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Darvill said...

Feel better soon! *hugs*

Sewicked said...

*pat, pat* feel better soon