Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tatted Spats

I'd love to tell you that I'm all better, but the throat zombie is still there, though it seems he might have sent home his friends. The worst part about this cold thing is that my family got it first so I know what is coming next and I am not looking forward to it. I suppose it is possible that my body will react differently, that my nose won't start running like a sieve, but I fear it unlikely. That's enough sick talk though, onto the tatting.

I did finish working up the second ankle corset and since it looks so much like a spat, I went with tatted spat as a descriptor, though I kept ankle corset in there as like a brand identifier of something. Okay, it sounds ridiculous to refer to oneself as a brand, but whatever. I thought I'd give you some details on the design. The center section was tatted in a discontinued cebelia light gray. I have a just a couple of balls of this left in this shade. The outer ring is made up of small motifs tatted together using the hand dyed gray. There are slight variations in the batch, but overall a very smooth color. Then the outside is just plain old black. The first time I did this piece I did not add the edging to the top, but I thought it needed the outline with that very light gray center.

It's kid of funny, in the browns I think this piece had an entirely different look. In the gray and black, they come off very lolita. I can just see them with a big poofy tea lengthen black skirt. But I digress, next up on the tatting list is to get a wrist corset, gauntlet made up so I can list one and I might even list the first neck corset I made, the one without the beads. Sure, I could keep it, but where would I wear it, Target? Then I need to get a few more things remade, namely the headband. I think I might do up a black version this time. You know, I'm thinking to myself right now, if this is my sick time list of tasks...there is something very wrong with me. Of course, I am avoiding the major cleaning that the house needs before the weekend. That is how I chose to rest, sue me.

7 comments:

Sewicked said...

Silly, your name isn't Sue. Love the spats. OMG, in pink or some other pastel they scream Lolita. In black and grey, they murmur Lolita, with whispers of Goth Lolita.

I do hope that you get better soon. Being sick sucks.

FetishGhost said...

The black outline really makes the gray jump... nice!

Waterrose said...

and with those shoes they are perfect!

Sidereal Day said...

They are fabulous! I do like the black and grey combo.

Feel better soon!

Artsnark said...

these are just fab! Hope you feel better soon

sarah said...

is there a pattern for these...or a pattern similar to this

TotusMel said...

@Sarah No, I'm afraid I have no plans to share or sell the pattern to this, or any of my ankle corset designs at this time, sorry.