Monday, April 6, 2009

Yo Gabba Weekend

Well that was a heck of a weekend. It all started Friday with my daughters actual birthday, her party on Saturday and a recovery period on Sunday. I spent the majority of the weekend off the computer which caused a bit of withdrawal in all honesty. I've never blogged on the weekend, but ever since I enter the twittersphere I've spent most of my down time online. When I'm not posting you can be certain that I'm simply letting the tweets scroll by like a low rent sitcom in the background. Entertainment sure has changed since the Internet. Not this weekend though, I didn't even get any good twitter stalking in and I'm sure I'm out of some loop or other.

Saturday's party was a Yo Gabba Gabba theme, since we all like the show, mock me all you want, it amuses me. My daughter received not only the DJ Lance Rock dance hat, but also a Muno guitar. Suffice it to say, the house has been filled with Yo Gabba music ever since. It's not so bad really, she could like Elmo or something.

I did manage to finish my latest steampunk necklace that I teased on Friday, but I haven't ironed and taken pictures yet. I really like the way it turned out, but I think I'll be saving it for the Maker Faire rather than list it on etsy. I think I am going to make another in black as well, with silver gears this time. Of course the last time I got really excited about a new design and made a bunch as a "line" I never sold a one of them, so I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

I'll try to at least get pictures up for tomorrow, but I really should start making some masks. I don't like have things listed for sale that I don't have ready to ship, even though I want to make sure people know I can make them again. Speaking of that though, I think I still need to make up a pair of ankle corsets and a few other things. Oye, one weekend of childhood enjoyment and I feel like I'm two weeks behind, off to work then.

2 comments:

Mumsy Mania said...

Yo gabba gabba.. is amazing haha.. are house is full of the music toys clothes.. yo name it we got it and love it.. i love the cake.

:)

Unknown said...

What a cute cake!?! Where did you get it.

I have NO idea what Yo gabba gabba is, so there will be no heckling from me! I wouldn't even know what to heckle, LOL! :)

Happy Birthday to your daughter. :)