Friday, April 3, 2009

The Little Imp

Today is my baby's second birthday, so as you might imagine, I'll be a bit busy today and through the weekend. I thought that I'd try and get a few things made up before my slightly unproductive weekend begins, but the children had other ideas. People often comment to me that my youngest is going to be a handful and unfortunately this is an understatement. She enjoys exploring and getting into everything. She knows how to climb and use stools, so absolutely nothing is safe. To top it all off, she is determined to do everything her big sister does and her favorite new phrase is, 'I can do it myself'. If only that were actually true. Oh, well. We love the little imp just as she is.

I am also feeling a bit better thanks in part to one of the most revolting things I've ever done, nasal irrigation. If you've not experience this joy, I'll just say ewww. It did however make me feel almost instantly better. This would have resulted in me completing my newest necklace if not for the previously mentioned imp. I did get the piece about half done. It is another necklace based on that 70's era book. Like the Hands of time choker it is made with sections of split rings, but this time I made it in brown and began joining the pieces together with gears and brass rings for that distinctive Steampunk vibe. I doubt I'll get anymore of it done this weekend unless the children decide to sleep excessively.

This also marks the first full week of the Wunderkammer blog. If you'd visited, thanks and I'd love to here you opinions so far. Anything I should feature more or less? Is the picture layout interesting or are my limited gimp skills showing? If you've not visited I'd love for you to stop by, especially if you love dark, romantic, steamy handmade creations. It's mostly eye candy, so it shouldn't steal too much of your time!

7 comments:

A Blond And A Torch said...

I am glad you are feeling better and I hope your little one has a great birthday!

Unknown said...

aww happy birthday to the imp!

michelle said...

aw, happy birthday imp! my youngest has her birthday in a couple of days, so I'm gearing up to have a bunch of little girls over for a tea party next weekend. gotta make the most of these times, they fly by so fast.

RockLove said...

Happy Munchkin Birthday!!! So cute, yeahh!!!

AJ said...

Happy birthday to your kiddo!

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished necklace.

As for the finds blog, keep doing just what you're doing. You've had a great variety so far, and I think that 4 items is just enough. Some finds blogs post too many things per day and are hard to keep up with.

Artsnark said...

Glad you're feeling better. Happy birthday to your little one.

New blog is great eyecandy. I vote for more art & more gadgets

Waterrose said...

If you haven't checked out 1000markets for your steampunk blog...there's some great creations there

http://www.1000markets.com/groups/steampunkstyle