Monday, April 13, 2009

Holy Crap People

I was walking along, minding my business when out of the clear blue sky...okay I'm getting ahead of myself. This weekend I noticed a lot of traffic coming from StyleHive. If you don't know what that is, it is a social shopping site. People see something they like and bookmark for others to see, they in turn can save the bookmark as well. I've been lucky to have several of my pieces bookmarked there, but nothing like this. My In Bloom Ankle Corsets got so many saves over the weekend that they are currently not only featured on the front page of the site, but the top save.

As you might imagine this kept me feeling pretty good all weekend long. Let's face it, we all love attention from out crafting peers, but to be noticed by the fashion community is an extreme step forward. It's much harder to impress people who have no idea how much hard work goes into a piece.

Then this morning I received a message over at etsy from someone who saw my stuff of twitter. I thought, that's nice, I have quite a few great friends over there so I assumed they had tweeted something, but no. This was much bigger. Someone had tweeted the link from StyleHive to MrsKutcher, otherwise known as Demi Moore, who then retweeted it to her followers. This is awsome not only because Demi Moore was looking at my feet, but because the woman has almost 500,000 followers.Did my weekend StyleHive fame result in tons of sales? Nope. Did Demi Moore's tweet make me the next big thing? I doubt it. I am however sitting here verbally vomitting all over my computer screen with excitement.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Sales/fame or not that is wicked sweet!!! Definitely cause for verbal vomit!

TheClayMuse said...

Sqeeeeel!!! thats great!
Hope it does result in at least a few sales, but seriously, that is just too cool! on both counts!

PinkWaterFairy said...

Woohoo! definitely squee-worthy :)

Sara said...

Yay for you!

Athena's Armoury said...

That is so friggin' cool! Congrats and enjoy it!!

Anightgirl said...

OMG there are not enough SQUEEEEES for that level of awesome! Congratulations dear you deserve it! You are so talented!

ShamsandCoverups said...

YAY! This is great news!!

that_rat said...

Yes everyone, you should have seen the size of my wife's head/ego this morning...not that it wasn't deserved...but WOW...

Morgan Street said...

how freaking exciting!! Didn't I tell you them things was gonna be hot?

Diana said...

Holy fuck! I am vomiting bloodwith excitement and jealousy! Which is what every girl wants after all, no? :) :) :)

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving or more talented indy designer, Pam. Your stuff in front of the right eyes is all it takes. Your work is incredible and so are you.

I'm THRILLED! I always knew Demi Moore was pretty brilliant, since I first got to know her in St Elmo's Fire...

xx
Di

Sewicked said...

I'm squeeing right along with you. Now lots of people have seen your so-cool lace. Squee!

JuliaA said...

that's amazing! congrats. :D

paperbatty said...

I knew you were cool.

AJ said...

WOW! That is so awesome and cool! *does a happy dance for you*

mermaiden said...

standing on the threshold, kissing on a precipice, this is the stuff of dreams that gives hope to every maker of that which is special in an i'm not-your-everyday-designer/creator genre. HUZZAH for you!

Artsnark said...

Nothin' wrong with some attention. Godd for you!

Kristin Aquariann said...

That's awesome news!! Congratulations. :D

dalij said...

Great! There'll be no living you you now. I'll lay odds you can't get through the door. If that rat needs help widening the doorjambs, give super marsupial a call.

Valerie said...

OMG! Now you are famous! Good for ya after all the hard work. :)

victats@gmail.com said...

joy, bliss, definitely time for some squeels of excitment!