Monday, April 20, 2009

Customer Appreciation

This weekend I passed the three year mark on etsy and since I started making tatted jewelry just a few weeks before I started trying to sell it, it means I've been tatting now for just three short years. As a bit of where I came from, here's the very first piece I sold. You might recognize the motif for this bracelet as the same flower that I used for my instructable. It was made with clearance thread and seed beads laying around the house. I used a nickle barrel clasp and I sold it for five dollars.

I don't often get to see what my pieces look like worn by their owners, but recently I've received a few customer appreciation pictures with my feedback on the etsy. So I thought that I'd make a nice little collage and put on a little display as a comparison to my 'early' work.So up top we have one of my masks with extra crystal embellishments, then one of my In bloom pendants that made it across the pond. On the bottom we have my Gothic Princess choker worn to a Vampire ball and a stunning picture of my Viva la Reine necklace. So thanks to all my amazing customers, they look fabulous and it makes me feel so great to see these pictures.

If you have a picture of yourself or others wearing TotusMel's tatted goodness, send them along to me care of the email in my profile and I would love to share them with the world, or at the least the small part of it that reads my ramblings. Every time I pass a milestone or anniversary, I think about my humble beginnings and wonder where I go from here. I hope I can continue to raise the bar on my work and keep moving forward. It's either that or I burn out and fade away.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That mask is gorgeous with the crystal embellishments!

Patience Ann said...

Oh SQUEE! That's my left boob! :D

Kristin Aquariann said...

Yay for customer appreciation photos! And how neat to see the first bracelet you sold. Very pretty!

Valerie said...

don't all your work stand out in the crowd?! happy for ya.

. c h o k l i t . said...

How fun to see your work out in the world! Nothing makes me happier than seeing my work on lovely people... makes it all worth it.