Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Down Off That Cloud

At my husbands seemingly constant request, I have calmed the hell down. I did take quite a few opportunities to check on my ankle corsets on StyleHive and even through this morning, they are holding on strong as the top save. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't truly shocked by this development. Sure they look cool and I've been told by many that they love them, but to see them sitting next to very commercial products, well it's weird.

What knocked my off that cloud though was their sale in the middle of the night...without payment. I haven't lost hope that it might still come through today as it was a new buyer from out of the country, but I'm not holding my breath either. Now all those views and hearts are gone and when people click through from StyleHive, they will see that they are 'Sold Out' and will probably simply move on rather than look for the new custom listing I put up. So, here I sit floating down from the cloud as was the inevitable outcome of a soar so high.

In more personal news, I took a big grown up step with my husband yesterday. We went to get pre-approved for a home loan. We've been renting for over a decade and it's finally time to move on. Everything went well, now the search begins and then the worst part, actually moving. I hate moving...so very much. I guess it's a small price to pay for our very own space. Obviously, all this will keep us quite preoccupied over the next few months.

One last thing, I think I've come up with a new barefoot sandal design. While remaking the Queen's Feet ones yesterday, I thought that I needed to make something a little simpler and consequently cheaper before the warmer weather is upon us. Quite frankly, I just don't want to have to keep remaking the same large pieces over and over. I'll share the design just as soon as I come up with it. I've got a pretty good idea of how I want it to look, but my imagination and my ability to tat are not always on the same page, so we'll see how it turns out.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I hate how Etsy's payment system allows that to happen. They really need to fix that.

Artsnark said...

Hope your sale goes through! If it's a new buyer they might be confused about payment. I've had 2 who said that was the deal when I sent them gentle payment reminders

. c h o k l i t . said...

Moving sucks, but oh, how exciting to be buying a house!! Good luck with your search, I know it can be exhausting.

And hope that payment comes through!

Waterrose said...

Good luck with the house hunting.

It really sucks when people don't pay for their items. Especially when it's intentional just to knock someone off a front page or other reasons.