Thursday, March 5, 2015

New

Well, I didn't get any surprise sales to give me something to tat, so I had to rely on my meager imagination. As usual, I just sat down with thread and needle in my hand and started making things up. Soon I had a bit of something I could use. A few revisions and beads later I'd managed to come up with something at least a little different from anything else I'd already tatted.

Since I had little else to do with my time, aside from laundry and the like, I just grabbed some more thread and made a few more of them. My current plan is to make even more and then pop them in my etsy shop as pendants. I'm also starting to think forward to April first and International Tatting Day. I've been able to come up with a small new design every year to offer cheaply as a pendant and the accompanying pattern. This year I was thinking of doing both a free pattern offered here or on Instructables as well as one for the shop. So I guess if you have any opinions on what you'd like me to offer, I'd love to hear it. Obviously there's still plenty of time, but I always prefer being over prepared rather than under.

So I guess today's plan is a little tatting followed by a whole bunch of thinking. Man, I sure hope a sale interrupts that. It could get painful otherwise.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Oh these are very beautiful!