Monday, September 9, 2013

Spiderwebs

I'm afraid the weekend did not turn the world around. It just slogged along in the same direction. I know, I'm getting a bit morose, but I'm trying to keep it to a minimum. However, if I don't complain here, I complain to my husband and that just passes the stress around the house. So, without further ado, my shop is soooo slow it's technically dead. Whew, I think that did it for now. Let's all cross our fingers that things pick up before this becomes a regular, and quite frankly an annoying, thing.

I did quite a bit of crochet over the weekend. It was all on the same project mind you, but it kept my hands busy and my brain just distracted enough. I finished the black cobweb on Sunday morning and started the white one. They grow very quickly in the beginning rounds, but as the rounds get bigger, they take on a life of their own. I think it's big enough to throw over the center of the dining table or cover the whole coffee table. Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing with them, but they look neat and they're giving me something to do.

We're back to schooling today of course and I'm most likely to use my free time to crochet, unless of course the Universe was paying attention when we all crossed out fingers for things to pick up a moment ago. I guess it's also possible that I might get a creative epiphany and make something else new. It's a Monday, so which direction I head has yet to be determined and that's as close to optimism as I'm going to get.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Fun! Makes me want to pull out my crochet hooks!