Thursday, September 12, 2013

Positive Thinking

Ah, the power of positive thinking. Never mind that I think the whole concept it hooey. I put my mindto the task of making something new yesterday and that, my friends, is what I did. I started with the usual places for inspiration, antique pattern books and I scoured them for some time, but I really felt like doing something truly from the ground up. So I just searched for lace images and landed on some nice crochet edgings and something sparked in the back corner of my ill used imagination and I was off.

I played with split rings, which are not really my friends. They were, however, the perfect method to get the shape I was trying to mimic in the crochet lace. Of course in the end, my piece looks nothing like the lace that inspired it. Not one little bit, but I am really happy with the piece. I started on the design right after schooling and spent the rest of the day making more of these necklaces. Look, I even used beads on the green one, which doesn't look as green as it actually is in this photo, and on the black one.

I wrapped up the day adding a purple one to the pile as well. None of them have their hardware yet. I'll get all that done today and hopefully get them listed in the shop. Well, except for the brown one since it was the prototype piece. I might make another up in brown and add some brass beads to it though. I even started playing with the central motif I created to see if there was anything else I could do with it and managed to work it in one round. I was already using split rings so it was fairly easy to do and it has some potential.

I must have finally made a real enough effort to appease the Universe as well because I woke up this morning to a mask sale. It still doesn't quite put a dent in the awfulness that has been this months sales, but it is certainly a step in the right direction. I also now have something that needs remaking and I am am feeling pretty positive this morning. Things to do, things to do.



2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great design!! :)

Madtatter80 said...

I agree they all are beautiful look fun to wear!