Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Idle Hands

Well, that was quite a day and I remain exhausted, sleepy kitty picture for emphasis. The morning was nice and fairly peaceful after the kids opened presents, they played quietly. I crocheted and cleaned, put out chairs and set tables and waited. When the family arrived they brought chaos with them. The house got loud and warm and generally full of joy. Then they were gone and I spent the next two hours cleaning, doing dishes, laundry and generally undoing everything I had spent the morning doing. I know I've said this before, but I miss the way holidays felt as a kid, you know when someone else did all the work and I just opened presents and ate. Those were the days.

Obviously I got no tatting done, didn't even try. I was however pleasantly surprised at how well my tatted gifts went over with the kids and the few others that received it. I guess I won't feel so bad about the handmade gifts next year. I am glad that all that is done though. I can now ride out the next week or two of the kids vacation getting things made for the shop and taking care of all the other start of the year projects I've been blathering on about. Or I could just get really lazy and get nothing done. Right now, at this moment I'm leaning toward the nothing, but we all know how long I can stay idle...not very. It is much more likely that today will be stalling followed by a streak of working that lasts days so I might as well get on with it.

No comments: