Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another Pattern For Sale

There is something truly gratifying about a busy day. Not just busy, but productive and busy. December has started well for me and I only hope being happy about that doesn't jinx it because I'd really love the rest of the month to follow suit.

I started the day tatting up a custom order ring which I didn't finish until after schooling wrapped. Then before I got on to the remaking tasks, I went ahead and worked on the other pattern I wanted to put up for sale, the Special Occasion pendant. There were a handful of folks that got this one as a print copy when they ordered a pendant during the deal I ran, so I thought I'd add to it a bit before releasing it for sale. Again, I hope I haven't made too many mistakes. I'm finding the process of selling PDF's strange as well. Instead of packing up a piece of lace, I copy and paste email addresses and just sent it into the ether hoping that it safely arrives through spam filters or whatnot. I've taken to sending a shipping confirmation through etsy letting people know it's been sent and to let me know if it doesn't arrive and so far it appears there have been no problems. I'm still waiting for me to accidentally send the wrong pattern. Even with just two, I fear it's bound to happen. I don't know how people juggle dozens of them in their shops. Though to be fair I'm sure my boxes full of lace sound pretty intimidating to manage too.

Once that was done, it was back to remaking things. There were a couple of small pieces and then a handful of sold masks that I've been avoiding. I really like to be able to finish things in a day and masks take longer, so I tend to avoid remaking them until I have tons of time or I really have to. The same aversion does not apply to designing large pieces. I love that sense of discovery even if it takes many days. I just don't like to remake things for days, but that's where I am now, on the masks.

I got a couple more sales overnight, one which requires a custom piece, so my tasks for today are set as well. Make one order, remake the sold pieces, hem and haw over remaking another mask, settle in to do it anyway all the while hoping more orders come in so I have something more urgent to do instead, stop working entirely to give the Universe more time to send more orders, get impatient, give up and get to work. Ah, it's nice to have a plan for the day.


2 comments:

esoraleak; Kaela said...

I love your pattern! Your work is so beautiful, and it inspires me to create as well.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your work! I think I probably look at it a couple times a day... So wonderful.

Just one unrelated question: How do you get your hair so vibrant? I had pink hair at one point and not only would it fade quickly, but it would stain my skin like crazy. ): Wah...