Thursday, November 6, 2014

New!

You'll never believe what I did yesterday! Okay, yes, I tatted and it was something new. To my great delight, the early afternoon brought with it a sale in the shop with a small piece to remake. Once I was tatting that simple bracelet, I finally had a smallest burst of creativity and I went with it. The first go wasn't quite right. Well actually, it was just fine really, but I wanted something a little more creative. This version seemed too straight forward, so I stopped and started over to make some different choices with the basic idea.

This is the second try and I liked it better right off the bat. There is more complexity to the pattern and more stability actually. Of course you might be able to tell that the stitch count isn't quite right here yet.  I only changed the one element, but kept the same stitches for the rest of it and that was not quite right either.

I'm not even going to show you take three because while I fixed the stitch counts I somehow forgot the outer rings entirely. While it looks fine without them, it wasn't what I was trying to do. So today is take four where hopefully I manage to incorporate all the changes into the final design and it becomes a nice bracelet and maybe even a choker if I have the time and inclination. I'm certainly hoping that this is just the beginning of a creative phase because I'm a much more likeable person when I'm happily making things.

No comments: