Friday, November 7, 2014

Five Tries

It took me a while to sit down and get to tatting yesterday. It was a laundry and dishes sort of day. You know the kind where every time you sit down, you remember that there was something else you needed to do.

When I finally did get some tatting in, I ended up with two more passes on the new design. I know, I know, it's not that complex. Why couldn't I get it right faster? I guess I was just feeling a bit like a perfectionist. This go here was just about there, but there were stability issues.When I pulled on the piece, it stretched apart too much. I know that's not much of a concern unless of course you intend the final product to be worn, but I do.

I took one more pass after this adding another critical join and it passed the pulling test. However, I didn't finish up the piece until far too late in the afternoon to get it photographed and listed as a bracelet. At least yesterday's slowness leaves me with at least one task for today. I'll get this pressed, photographed, and listed in the shop. I'm not certain about it becoming anything else though. It's possible I'll make it into a choker, but I think that's it for this one.

Hopefully today or the rest of the weekend will offer me something interesting that I can work with or on. This time I hope it doesn't take five tries to make something.

1 comment:

Claire said...

How large is it?
I really like the design: simple (but not too much) and elegant. Would be nice as a choker I think.
Nice work.