Monday, November 24, 2014

Crochet Away

You know the funny thing about making things all the time, is that you get a reputation for doing so. While I obviously spend most of my time tatting, I also crochet, knit, sew, embroider, felt, etc... a fairly wide swath of crafts. I'm sure many of you are the same way. Of course at this point I am a much better tatter due simply to devoting so much time to it, but I digress. On Friday I was called and asked to crochet a baby blanket by my in-law's neighbor for a family gift. She's an absolutely lovely person, so of course I agreed.

I went right out and got yarn and started working. She wants it to be quite large, 4 feet by 4 feet and she'd like to take it with her back home in just over two weeks, so it's pretty much all I've done all weekend, except for cleaning. I chose a nice simple pattern so I was sure to get it done in time, but I'm still working as fast as I can.

The best part of receiving a request like this is that it completely takes my mind off my shop, which is still dangerously quiet. I now have far too much to do to worry about that. Too bad I have no intention of charging as much for the blanket as I probably should. Some people always get the 'friends and family' discount especially when they would never ask for such a thing.

So I guess this week is likely crochet, family, house guests, and food followed by cleaning, more crochet and crossing my fingers that the shopping begins in my etsy shop, so I can shop a bit myself. Yep, it's going to be quite a week.

No comments: