Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blossoming Ideas

Let's see, well first there's have been no sales in the shop, so the great countdown to 3000 is currently holding steady. However, I did get a hint of an idea yesterday morning for my yearly International Tatting Day pendant. Yes, I am aware it's not until April 1st, but I want to be able to get the pendant designed and the pattern written up as it will most likely be available as well, but I'll get back to that in a minute.

First the morning and early afternoon were pretty busy, but ended with a lovely walk with the kids. All the recent rain may not have pulled us out of the drought, but it gave us lawn mushrooms of unusual size. The mushroom inspired me to take my camera along on our walk and I think all the Spring and photographs inspired my creative side. Well that and I think it also triggered my allergies because I am rocking quite a sore throat this morning.

When we got back I turned my earlier idea into the pendant. I can't show you where I ended up because I want to save it for the holiday, but it was inspired by 8 years of selling lace and by necessity, it is nice and small. I can show you one of the places I started though, mostly because it changed so much from this that it really doesn't give much away. I need to make a few more in color variants and then work on writing up the pattern. I do also plan on releasing another pattern, from an existing design, for sale at the same time, so that needs writing up as well. You know I'm gonna stall on that though. I'm rubbish at writing up the patterns. At least I know I have projects, however small, waiting for me. It gives me something to look forward to.

No comments: