Tuesday, December 31, 2013

This is the End

Another end of a year is here. The children are older and smarter. I'm fairly certain I'm just the same. It was a year of projects that didn't quite pan out and it ended with on a rather disappointing note. I suppose that's the best way for a year to end though. It gives you hope that the one upcoming can only be better. Unfortunately I am fully aware that it can, but I'll chose to the end the year thinking greatness is ahead.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/160810379/tatted-lace-collar-choker-necklace?Let's see, what did I actually accomplish this year. Well, there was that art project that I got paid for, but never heard if it was ever even displayed anywhere. Then I managed to create and list a new pattern for sale and I guess that went over fairly well. I can't think of any one piece that stands out, except for maybe my first completely original collar design, but I did design several new ones this year. I'm sure I'll think of other pieces I'm proud of as the day wears on, but it's early and this post is completely unplanned.

I think the highlight of the year for me was having a pair of my ankle corsets included in a museum show over the summer. I may not have made much money this year, but having something I made with my own two hands in the Denver Art Museum, well that feel pretty good. So maybe I will just dwell on that achievement today and block out all the disappointing.

Here's to a wonderful New Year ahead for all of us. May your thread never tangle, nor have one of those cut and tied sections in it that make me want to cut someone. May we all get frequent visits from the Muses and create new things for the world. Finally, here's to another year with the ever so slight chance for fame, wealth and glory. Look, I have to put that in here regardless of how silly it sounds. It could work one day...you never know.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! I would also like to thank you for inspiring me to try tatting in 2013 - and I'm sure I'm not the only one so you can add that to your list of achievements! After many failed attempts at the start of the year I went back to my crochet. I came back to your page today to indulge myself in looking at your works of art, and to get myself inspired again to not give up trying! I wish you and your family the very best for 2014. Debbie x

Madtatter80 said...

It has been fun viewing your posts and Hope you have a wonderful New year and I thought you were famous!:)
blog you next year!