Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gifts

There was schooling and an early morning run to the store to get things I don't want to have to go to the store to buy next week when everyone has lost there grip on sanity and common courtesy. Years in retail trained me to avoid shops the week of the holiday if at all possible. Though sadly, this year all the stores seem less crowded. At least that leaves me feeling a bit better about my own shop being so sadly slow, knowing that it is a universal trend not a personal shunning.

Anyway, I didn't make anything for the shop because I was working on a few gifts. Given our current lack of disposable funds I felt a real need to supplement the few gifts we bought with something. I only wish I could tat up something appropriate for some male friends as well, but I am at a loss for something that would be well received. The first piece I made I can't show you yet, but I can tell you that it was too clever for my own good and fought me into creation. I will make sure to takes some pictures of it though, so I can show you next week after it's made it to its new home.

Next up I made a couple of necklaces for some other gals. When I do gifts, I try to make them special so I tend to not just make something that's already in the shop. I made this purple one in size 10 thread, but I also made another in size 20 teal. The giftees don't know each other, so I felt okay using the same pattern. The design is actually the center of the necklace I called Quandary that I designed back in September. I remember loving the center and then not doing anything with it. This may be further revised and make it's way into the shop, but I don't know when.

I've got snowflake gifts to finish today and maybe a couple more jewelry gifts. I'm feeling a little foggy since I caught the cold the children were passing around. It's mostly a sore throat, but there's a certain extra level of tired that comes along with it as well, not to mention the token cold sore. I'm doing my best to destroy it because I have no interest in making time for illness. I'd make time for more orders, but not for a bloody cold.

1 comment:

God's Kid said...

Absolutely beautiful necklaces in the previous posts!! :)
And I love this pendant!!! :)