Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lost

Well, it was a one step forward, two steps back sort of day. After schooling I went straight to work on the custom pieces for the order I had gotten Monday evening. I was busily tatting away on some wonderfully colorful pieces including a two color version of the dream catcher when I got the dreaded convo at etsy...a package that hadn't arrived.

Aarrggghhh...I hate missing packages. Sometimes the tracking on a package leads me to believe that it is just taking it's own sweet time, but this one looked a lot more like it had been lost or stolen shortly after it was dropped at the post office. Of course it was an International package and it was suppose to be a Christmas gift and to top it all off, everything in the order was a custom piece. This meant I didn't have any of it made.

So I hurriedly finished up the custom order and followed that up by working on the missing package. The cutoff date for shipping first class to Europe isn't until the 9th, but with so many things that can hold up a package, I didn't want to take any chances. By the evening, I was just wiped out, but I managed to finish all the pieces and I will be able to get everything out in the mail today.

I still have a couple of small things to remake for the shop, but I'm hoping that karma rewards me for my swiftness with some more orders. That would really make up for the crazy day I just had, well that and no more lost packages ever would be great too.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

wow so sorry for the postal problems, the tatting looks great and very pretty and different!