Thursday, December 5, 2013

Quiet

Yesterday was unfortunately, the opposite of the day before. It was quiet, too quiet, and once I had finally finished the custom order I had in queue, I just couldn't convince myself to do any more tatting. There are still a few pieces I haven't yet remade, but I just kept sitting around waiting for an order that never came. Well, that's not exactly true. I did fill up quite a lot of time with dishes and laundry and that sort of nonsense, so I suppose I was technically busy, just not the busy I like.

The order I worked on was a pair of barefoot sandals in dark Iris purple. It's actually much darker than the picture would suggest, but since I did take a picture in an effort to document, I thought I might as well post it. Wow, I'm even sounding a bit too snarky to myself this morning. I blame it on the cold. Sure, our cold doesn't even touch the cold of even the East coast, but for us, it has been ridiculously cold, especially overnight the last two days. I don't really do well with the cold. I much prefer hot, or nice and warm.

I have nothing in my order queue at all and so I must try to convince myself to either remake the few things that need it or make something new today. I can't let myself get moody, I've got to stay focused. In case you're wondering, yes I do sometimes use this blog as a pep talk to myself and it occasionally does the trick. So here I go, off to the day. Here's hoping for an amazing one.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

looking good, and I think we all use our blogs as a pep talk :)