Thursday, September 22, 2011

No Lock

Oh, so much time on the silly lock and nothing to show for it. Seriously, I wasn't really happy with the lock bit so I tried at least five different iterations and I'm still not happy. Eventually I had to just put it down and walk away. I meant to come back to it in the evening, but I was just so burnt on the idea, I thought better of it. What I did get done was the key. I know they are meant to be together, but I felt the at the key could stand on its own especially after all your lovely comments on the design. So I made up another one it ensure the stability of the pattern and got it listed.

That was the only interesting thing that happened all day really. Otherwise it was a big old bore. I still have a necklace that needs to be remade, but I just didn't feel like it after I harvested the last of our sunflowers. That task left me sneezing, itchy and well, too hot to care about lace. So that, I suppose, is what I will get up to today. I might revisit the padlock idea, or I might shift the design to a key hole like I initially wanted to, only time will tell.

I can't really think of anything else worth sharing expect to keep your teenagers out of your online accounts. I got a message on etsy asking to hold an item, so I sent a response that I could for a few days. Later in the evening I got a message from the same account saying that their 14 year old had done so without their permission. While I'm flattered that my work appeals to the kids, that was an annoyance though not a big one, but I can now hardly wait until my girls are teenagers and I have to battle their future version of Internet activity. My parents should thank their lucky stars this stuff wasn't around when I was a kid.

1 comment:

CrochetBlogger said...

I'm sure that when the time is right you're going to get that lock to work out perfectly. In the meantime, it's the key that's super awesome anyway!