Friday, September 23, 2011

The Lock

The lock, she is done. I went with the escutcheon and apparently that was what I should have done all along instead of forcing the idea into a padlock shape. An escutcheon can be dramatic and overly ornate and, well, it doesn't require a locking loop on top. Instead I used the same basic outside as my awareness ribbon pendants with some stitch count changes and then I created the key hole shape in the center. This is the second version as they were a couple of stitch changes made after the first. I already sold one of these and that always makes me extraordinarily happen.

Next up in the day was mail time. Along with some supplies I was waiting for, I got this little beauty. It's from Ann Martin who was one of the most recent winners of one of my giveaways. She is also, as you might guess a master at paper quilling. That is the one paper craft that really intrigues me...not that I have the time to learn another labor intensive, intricate skill. Anyway, this picture does not do the pendant justice. It's black, silver gilded paper and I looked at it with much the same awe that people seem to look at tatting with. I don't fully grasp how it's created so it must be magic, wonderful magic.

The last event of the day was the creation of this bracelet. It was a request from my cousin who saw the escutcheon on facebook. I wasn't sure the design would translate so I told her I try it out and let her know. It wasn't finished until late last night, so she still hasn't seen it yet. It still needs a good pressing, but I think it will do the trick. If I get the chance I'll make up a second one for the shop. Anything to keep from getting back to remaking sold necklaces. I am just not in the mood for production work right now. Well, I think that's it for me. No big plans this weekend so we'll just see where it takes me.

2 comments:

Australis said...

Great idea to tat the key and the lock. Very creative work, Congrats!

Anonymous said...

There, you did it again! Another wonderful, creative design. I was following your agonising over the process, and I just *had* to tell you I think the finished design is "practically perfect in every way" :-)