So, early Friday I washed the new doily and laid it out to dry. I don't normally bother, but since I was framing it, I wanted it super clean. This also meant I had to wait for it to dry and it wanted to take its time doing so. I had another little project with the kids, so I worked on that instead. We had recently put some new sugar skulls heads on the wall and we had a small space that wanted filling, so we found an appropriately sized skull acquired during one of our walks, and a piece of laser cut wood from the craft store. We whitened the skull, painted the wood, and then decided that a small piece of knotted lace would be a great finishing touch. I tried to manipulate the natural circle into more of an oval as I made it. It worked out pretty well and took most of the time I needed for that doily to dry.
On Saturday I got a piece of thick, black textured paper and cut it to fit the frame. I spent the morning tacking it onto the paper carefully with clear filament thread. I had intended to put it behind glass, but the frame I got had a plastic sheet instead. It warped the lace something fierce when looking at it from any angle other than straight on, so I opted to frame it without it. It went up on the wall pretty quickly as well. You can also see where the skull piece went as well as a lovely photograph I received for a birthday present.