Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Remade

I spent the morning starting schooling stuff with the kids. The didn't complain even though schooling doesn't officially start until next Tuesday. I think deep down, they like getting a little ahead too. This morning we have another teacher meeting along with some early schooling. This meeting is online though. I'm not so keen on doing it that way, but I don't really have a choice. I'll just roll with it, like I try to do with everything.

After our mini schooling I sat down to work on a few pieces for the shop. There was this necklace that actually needed to be remade and back in the shop. It's the same as the white one I made recently. It was also one of the first big vintage pattern conversions I did. There wasn't a huge amount of modifications to change it from one side of a collar to a necklace, but it's still one of my favorites.

After that was made I worked on things that I should just have backups made of for the shop. I made some cat ears and started work on a pair of ankle corsets. I'm hoping that I still get a little busy for the holiday season and without all the extra time summer affords me, it's good to get some things done when I do have time. Once these are made, I'll probably look over what sold last year and get backups made of some of those pieces as well. At least that's what I'll do with any spare time I have. It's not exactly interesting, but it seems like a good idea. I'm also still toying a bit with an Armenian lace idea, but so far it hasn't quite gelled. I'm certain to let you know when it does.

No comments: