Thursday, July 23, 2015

Purple

It was a nice long day with the rpl stuff again. I pulled out some purple thread early and got to work on something new. The purple thread was a gift during a holiday gift exchange years ago so I don't remember where it came from nor what size it is, though I'd hazard a guess that it's size 20.  I used the same hook to make the cord with, but it still worked up smaller. I decided early to make it into something small. I worked the cord into a nice asymmetric shape. Then instead of just hanging it on a chain I opted to just crochet a chain. I thought that might be too plain though so I figured out a way to add beads to it while working. I'm hoping to pop this in the shop today.

I also took some time to get the first rpl pieces I finished photographed as barefoot sandals. The plan is to get them in the shop today as well. I think that they definitely work better as barefoot sandals too. I think that once I get these all up in my shop, I'll just work a few more to fill up the new Romanian Point Lace section, not that I've sold any yet. Then I suppose I'll have no choice but to get back to tatting, or maybe the bobbin lace. I still have yet to figure out what I can make with the bobbin lace that fits my aesthetic. I guess yet again I have plenty to do should I choose to do it.

No comments: