Thursday, August 9, 2012

Almost

Another calm day really. Had a meeting with one of the girls teachers. I'm still waiting to hear from the other one, but I've been told she's a new hire so might be going through some training. I imagine going from traditional school to overseeing dozens of homeschoolers is quite an adjustment, but I'm so ready for school to just begin already. I just want to get all this preliminary stuff out of the way.

I did get the things done that I hoped after the meeting. The new strange motif was strung on some chains and listed. It took me a while to settle on the plain chains though. I kept thinking I should do something more with it, but nothing seemed to work. Sometimes the simplest solution is best one.

After that it was back to the snowflakes. This seems to be taking a lot longer than I thought. Of course it's probably not helping that I'm doing twelve things at once instead of just concentrating on the one task. I just get so easily bored of white thread. I know, I know, then why haven't I gotten bored of always working with black thread? I guess I just like it better so it doesn't bore me.

So today, more snowflakes and one necklace to remake because I got a sale this morning after a two day lull. Here's hoping it wasn't a fluke and sales remain good. I'm still trying to undo a very bad June and a worse July and I'm already thinking ahead to Christmas so I'm trying to squirrel away every dime. It can be really unnerving to try to live on the uncertain wages from an etsy shop. Luckily the husband still provides the bulk of our living expenses, but we really do count on my income as well, so I get stressed at the drop of a pin. Deep breaths and off to it then.

No comments: