Friday, November 12, 2010

Kittens

As expected yesterday was mostly family time. We a little early holiday shopping and on the way home I got a massive headache which actually prevented me from doing any tatting for hours. When that monster finally faded we headed to the in-laws to pick up two kittens to add to our brood. They are from a strays litter that they caught. Momma cat is feral, but the kittens are sweet as can be. I only wanted one, but I was outvoted. I didn't get any pictures as it was already dark when they got here. The other cats are of course not pleased, but no one has gotten any more violent than hissing, so I think they will all survive.

I am exhausted however, as the kittens 'slept' on the bed with us. It reminded me of having a baby in the bed, expect instead of wanting to eat, they wanted to play and chew on my hand and whatnot. So today, I get to try to have a normal school day for the child and get some work done while trying to keep the children from over loving kittens, the cats from killing the kittens and the kittens from killing themselves. It is going to be a long day and I hope that don't like to attack tatting thread.

3 comments:

Sharon D. said...

Sounds like around here. Did fine home for the kittens. We kept one that my G grandson wanted. So now we have two cats and one dog. Our other cat did not and stell does not like having another kitten in the house. Who right now is laying right in front of the keyboard.Which makes it hard to type anything. Good luck with the new kittens.

AJ said...

Awwww, kittens! I hope there will be pictures next week... and that they don't drive you too crazy in the meantime :)

Corina said...

Good luck with the new kittens! Mine like threads of all kinds very much...