Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bigger

I really didn't think I'd get round to doing anything new yesterday, but i did. I was fairly determined to finish the mask I was making for an order and I got in done in record time. That's actually pretty surprising because it's been a very long time since I sold a mask and thus a very long time since I've made one. With that all sorted and ready to go int he mail this morning I had some precious free time.

First I was just going to waste it since I'm in a holding pattern with the current jellyfish. The supply I'm waiting for should be here sometime today and if it's early enough I might actually get them listed. It is far more likely that I get my order in late in the day and won't start listing until tomorrow. Of course that all depends on if I can bring myself to actually put a price on them. I got scads of price advice on the Facebook page, but I still feel add about such a large price point.

I think I got off track there. I was going to stall, but instead I started working out a new, even larger jellyfish pattern. I started working with the vintage ecru thread to start with though. I think I have enough prototype information to go ahead with a final piece even though I am still working out the pattern as I go. After this picture I managed another row, but it is still far from complete. The larger the bell, the longer each additional row is and it's at a good 6 or 7 inches across already. It's curving nicely though so I have high hope that if my order comes late in the day I'll get at least the bell made.

Before that though I did get a small order in yesterday that I will need to get taken care of as well. So today it's order, jellyfish, then secret supply. Hopefully everything goes according to plan, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Bluebird Crafts and Collectibles said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful!