Monday, July 21, 2014


I didn't manage a whole lot of tatting over the weekend, but Friday I did get a few things for my idea project sussed out. First off I tried out a new pattern for the hyperbolic tatting. As much as I think the standard chain only method works perfectly, I think it lacks a bit of character. Plus for my clearly secret idea, it should be slightly less perfect. So this one has more depth in the design and when you pull on the starting chain it comes out of the perfect spiral and into a bit of a crazy frill which works for my idea well.

The next part of the project started with this new motif I designed. There are now several more rounds to this, but no pictures because I was a fairly lazy tatter over the weekend, only engaging in the activity while watching something or other on television. It is coming along nicely and soon it will be time to put away the brown thread I've been using to prototype and get to work on the final piece. Though I think I might also use this center motif for a pendant or something too because, well, I really like the way it turned out.

I woke up with a pretty persistent headache this morning and we also have our family dental appointments today so I don't know how much motivation I'll be able to scrape up to work on the project, but hopefully I again get distracted from it by sales. Partly because I'm pretty sure my art project here isn't going to net me a dime and partly because I think the distraction actually helps focus me a bit. I'm still going to make it of course. I need to get the idea out of my head and into thread.

No comments: