Friday, April 22, 2011

Tatted and Chained Shoulder Jewelry

Here's what's sad about yesterday morning. I had put in a request for a tech to fix my TV online the evening before. I assumed after the horrible reviews of their service I'd read everywhere that I wouldn't get said tech, but I did. He was on time, fast, friendly and efficient. Our problem was fixed in about an hour and I was horrifyingly shocked by this. What's sad is that the state of customer service is so bad that him just showing up impressed me. I think some of the problem may just be the that the loudest voices are usually those complaining which skews the available information their way. If you're happy, you don't blog about it or post in forums...you do that when you're mad. So for the record, AT&T Uverse customer service was wonderful here and I am still glad to be their customer.

Now back to stuff you care about, tatting. and my newest piece of shoulder jewelry. Yesterday I just needed to get some chain lengths right and I though I might add some crystals to the piece, but decided against it after much staring and stalling. Without embellishment, the piece is fully reversible to either shoulder saving me from asking which they'd like and changing the chains to clasp in the right place. I also got much help from twitter working out a name for the piece. There was some suggestion that I call it an epaulet, but I'm not really fond of that work and it just makes me thing of gold fringed shoulder pads, so I went with shoulder adornment instead.

The piece clasps around the neck and it's just the weight of the chains that holds it in place. I wouldn't jump about or run with it on and expect it to stay, but it behaved fairly well as I just walked around the house and did the photo shoot with it. It can also be worn as a long and over the top necklace. My husband says it looks very 'final fantasy', like magic shoulder armor which makes me want to do one with more coverage, like a cup over the shoulder. If I get around to that one, it will likely be the one to get all the embellishments, but who knows when that will happen. I promised myself I would actually get a few pieces remade this morning and as you might guess this weekend is already a bit booked with family activities so tatting is on the back burner.

Thanks again for all the giveaway entries I will be choosing the winner later this morning and I will post another blog entry with that info as soon as I have it. It's quite a list to work through so I definitely wasn't going to get it done at 5 in the morning. I guess that's it for now.

8 comments:

jenilin said...

wow your twit pic gave it no justice it is great. i will look forward to a chance at winning your giveaway. have a great earth day and you have done a lot of tatting lately so enjoy!!!!!!!! I hope to hear later you brought the girls out to enjoy a little festivity I bet it is beautiful in CA!!!!!!

that_rat said...

Ahem, it's Final Fantasy. I say it still needs massive jewelery embellishments. Maybe socketed so you could swap out for different kinds of stones? And yes that's from Diablo II. And yes you married me. It also needs a curved spikey pointy thingy. Just sayin'...

Ebo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

I love the shoulder piece. Also, I agree that individuals take more time to complain than to rave about something. Happens at my work all the time. It really is quite sad when you know people are perfectly satisfied with something, but don't want to say anything until they have something to complain about.

Unknown said...

Tus ideas de "tatting" siempre originaled, frescas, modernas, GENIALES

Unknown said...

Tus ideas de "tatting" siempre originaled, frescas, modernas, GENIALES

rubberpenny said...

amazingly gorgeous

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

that is quite original indeed, very unique and very pretty. I always like your work and creativity. Don't let anyone get you down, you are an artist, and your work is both beautiful and creative. :)