Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm Sorry

I feel kind of bad about yesterdays post as it appears my evil might have scared a few innocent people. Really, I just needed to vent a bit and well, this is where I do my venting. I will never 'come after' anyone just because they attempt to sell tatting online. I welcome the infusion of talent into the marketplace. I find myself asked to make custom things for people often that do not fit my aesthetic and I would be glad of more talented tatters to fill those gaps. There is plenty of room for artisans creating their own designs and niches, there is, however no room for folks who copy or mimic...seriously full up on that.

On to better things then. You know I can't say anything about my most recent secret project partly because even I don't know how it's going to play out so there may ultimately be nothing to share. That being said I have a date when I should know more, two weeks. What I don't mind saying is that if this thing works out well it will likely change everything. I suppose that's enough teasing huh?

In other news, vigilant tatting yesterday puts me in line to finish the large order today or tomorrow which means it is almost off my plate! Woo Hoo! I really ought not complain, but man this has been a lot of work. It has distracted me from the horrible sales in my shop recently though, so that's good. I've got a field trip with the kids today, but I should still have time to tat later and then I need to make a list of all the things I haven't remade and get to work on that. It's funny, my husband asked if I was taking a vacation after the secret project and large order. I thought that I might initially, clearly it's more of a might not. It really is a good thing that I still love tatting and I hope you still love kitten pictures because that's all I've got for you.

6 comments:

Fox said...

Beautiful cat.
Fox : )

jenilin said...

love the kittens and you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

What a pretty kitty! and everyone needs to vent from time to time :X you are good with me :)

Tatfully Yours said...

Vent whenever you need to!! I think it is healthy to do so!

Crazy Mom! said...

Kitties are ALWAYS good.

Don't apologize for yesterday - no one has a right to make money off your hard labor without some compensation to you. It makes sense to be angry!

Keep on tatting...

Anonymous said...

Don't apologise for the rant. You weren't saying no one should tat - you were just saying don't sell my designs in the same place I do - which is perfectly reasonable!

I thought the fact you said people could sell at craft fairs (with credit) was extremely nice, so don't feel bad. You are generous with your patterns - and as you've said, it's how you make a living.