Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shifting Gears

Yes, I am alive. Everyone I know in the real world checked in with me to see if the homeschooling did me in or not. I assure you, we all survived. We started the class work in the morning and met with the teacher right before lunch. My biggest fear, that she would be particularly heavy handed, was allayed. Looks more like I have a sufficient structure of support without the feeling of always being watched. Exactly the sort of arrangement I was hoping this would turn out to be. This is definitely a shifting of gears for me however. No more mornings tatting and mindlessly twitter stalking. That must now be relegated to the afternoons while the children nap. I think it's going to be alright though. I felt more productive all around yesterday. I don't know how long that feeling will last, but it's good enough for now.

I finished up my bridal slave bracelets, but I want to get some pictures of them today so that I might list them as a custom set made to fit. I did have to make a few adjustments to this pair to fit the customers measurements. That was a nice exercise for me. I now know the best way to create extra length without disrupting the design. Speaking of custom orders though, the onslaught of questions has not stopped yet. So many questions from potential customers that have yet to result in sales. What scares me more than the lack of sales, is the possibility of all of these people returning at the exact same time to get their custom pieces swamping me with more orders than I can handle.

I thought I'd give you a quick corset update this morning as well. Yes, I'm still doing that. My current corset has reached the comfortable stage, but not the loose stage. I think I may still go one size smaller, but that's as far as I'm willing to go as I'm afraid any smaller would be a little too side show for me. We busted out the Wii Fit last night for the child's P.E. and we all got on to see our stats. This was...umm, painful for all of us. It's clear that even though my waist and stomach are obviously smaller, I'm still very out of shape. My broken toe is getting much closer to healed so onto my already hectic schedule, I shall soon add some real exercise. Oh, how the gears keep shifting.

No comments: