Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New and Now I'm Tired

Man, did I make Monday count and I think I regret it this morning. I did the dishes, laundry, vacuumed and cleaned all the tile floors downstairs. I went on a walk with the kids in the morning and remade two sold pieces for the store. I had a few long email questions to answer and pulled weeds in the front yard. No, I'm not sure what got into me. I suppose I was making up for a week of general sloth, but this morning my back is a bit sore and I'm not entirely sure that I even want to be awake at this point.

I also got the new piece done, photographed and listed. I really like how these turned out. I used actual metal chains on the side of the design instead of tatted ones because I thought it gave it a little decorative touch without taking away from the lace. They also weigh down the sides on the center motif just a bit so it lays better on the foot. Usually I would use silver plated, but since it's on ones feet, I opted for the inexpensive silver toned stuff. It's lighter, but it does the job. These also look cute in shoes as well which is why I'm calling them both barefoot sandals and ankle corsets. Since I used the Ambrosius pattern, I can do them in two colors as well. I might even do that at some point just to have them listed as such, but I still have a few pieces that need remaking that I want to get to first.

So that's my task for today, work on getting some things remade. Since all the housework...OK, most of the housework is caught up on, I think I've earned a good sit on my tush and tat day. Just me, my needle and thread...and the kids trying to kill each other because summer is one month too long. C'est la vie, right?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look ace!!! If you fancy you can come and do my housework???? No well I give it a go! Enjoy your tatting day!

Luv Jane XX