Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Aargh

What a day, what a day. I do not mean that in a good way. I'm usually a fairly roll with it sort of person. I try to let things go and move on whenever possible for my own sanity and that of others, but sometimes the littlest things snowball into something that won't be let go. For example, while getting boxes of old kids clothes ready to go to Goodwill the husband lamented the missing piece of a sentimental outfit he wanted to keep. I don't begrudge him this, but the finding of it was proving impossible in our endless labyrinth of stuff and he wasn't letting go so neither could I. This brought me to a level of frustration I am not comfortable with and I decided to head to the nearby grocery store with a postal counter to mail an International package. This proved to be a fatal mistake for my sanity as I was informed that they no longer accept handwritten customs forms anywhere but the main post office. Now alone that little bomb would have annoyed me, with the clothes fiasco and the construction around the grocery store that sent me on a longer than desired trip in the first place, it was one step before getting into the fetal position and crying. If someone would have looked at me cross eyed I would have lost it right there.

Admittedly not the best way to start the husbands vacation week. A little lunch and then finally getting those boxes out of the house improved my mood, but not in time to get anything interesting done. I did finish remaking the mask that was in queue, but I didn't get back to the new pieces at all. I'm going to try to get to those today so I can feel like I accomplished some work this week before we're off to the coast tomorrow. Speaking of that, in an effort to get some extra money for the trip since sales have been anemic lately I offered up the code VACATION for 20% off anything in my etsy shop yesterday and today only. No one has bitten yet, but it was worth a shot. As it is, it's going to have to be a very frugal trip which is difficult with the costs there. Just going out there is a load off though and totally worth it for the temperature alone. It's at least 40º cooler out there.

I'll still be writing when we're over there since phone apps and free hotel wi-fi are awesome things and even though the cats won't be there to wake me up, I simply can longer sleep in. I've been trained too well. So, here's to having a better day, many sales and finally taking a load off.

3 comments:

Fox said...

Hi, Pamela,
Thank you!

Here is what I said at tat-ology today... Have a look at the part that mentions your wonderful blog...

http://www.tat-ology.com/2012/07/from-across-pond-thanks-charlette.html

Cheers,
Fox : ))

Marilee Rockley said...

Hang on, here's another option for International shipping: Click 'n Ship software from USPS https://www.usps.com/business/click-n-ship-for-business.htm

It's free and prints a nice official-looking form with customs info all filled out too. It's what I use for my International orders. I don't have mine set up to pay for postage online but I think there is an option for that.

Unknown said...

Here is to having a much better day today. Hope you do get what you wish for.