Thursday, July 19, 2012

Interesting

You'll never guess what happened yesterday while I worked away on remaking pieces for the shop. That's right, something interesting fell out of the sky. Or more accurately something interesting fell out of the internet.

Along with an etsy order yesterday there was a note from the customer explaining that they were an artist and might have a commission for me if I was interested. What's even more interesting about all this was when I checked the website provided, I recognized the work as something I had very recently seen online and was impressed by linked to by another artist friend. The internet makes the world a very small place indeed. Anyway, I don't have all the details yet and much still has to be worked out, but if things do work out I'll be providing some lace for an art installation next year. That's something interesting, right? Even if it doesn't ultimately work out, it definitely took the routine right out of a mundane day and that's a good thing all by itself.

I also had one of those wonderful, but annoying sales. Actually it was the sale I already mentioned. I was busy remaking a second pair of the exact piece that was sold because I like to keep two in stock which means that as soon as it was done, I had to just start another. This is great because it's a nice sized sale, it's annoying because now I feel no closer to being done with my queue even though I spent nearly the entire day in production mode and today will be the same. It's okay though, it will keep me busy and I do like busy. I'd also like to avoid doing any more house or yard work as I keep running across things that need doing and instead of ignoring the tasks I keep doing them...and I don't like that. So here's to a day of tatting, interesting projects falling out of the internet and more surprises from the Universe that I don't know about yet.

No comments: