Monday, March 2, 2009

Almost A Year

On Friday, I left you with a hint of a surprise. Well, that and lots of feet pictures, but let us talk of the surprise. I've been feeling very good lately about the amount of feedback and help I've been getting from my twitter friends, but also from my blog readers. I wanted to do something special as a bit of a thank you, but I wasn't certain what or when. Then I was looking at my Google Analytics data, which I do compulsively, and realized that we're coming up on my blogs one year anniversary this month. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that I've had something to say most weekdays for an entire year, but apparently I have.

So, the when is taken care of with that realization, but I am still working out the what. I share all this as a bit of a heads up that soon, in conjunction with this anniversary, I will be having perhaps a sale, perhaps a giveaway, perhaps something else I haven't quite thought of yet, but something interesting is coming. If you've got any great ideas, feel free to share them with me. I'd love to know what you would like.

Now, because you have gone a whole weekend without a new photo of my feet, here's my next barefoot sandal design. I think that this is it for the footwear line, unless I strike on something truly amazing. I really am a little tired of showing off my feet at this point, but I am fairly proud of what I've created and they've certainly gotten enough attention this past weekend with views of the listings being very high. I even sold a custom pair of my first barefoot sandals the first day, so yay!

8 comments:

jewelstreet said...

While I am not a big fan of feet (it's a phobia), I do like those sandals! They are cute, and I could definitely see myself wearing them all summer long especially around the beach.

I got no clue for something special. I'm still trying to think of something for my 500th post.

oblinaknit said...

The sandals are beautiful - lovely work!

Artsnark said...

congrats on views & sales!

that_rat said...

Congrats on 1 year of shouting out from your street corner! I miss you and the girls... :^(

Tom Banwell said...

Umhhhh, bridal footwear!

Valerie said...

i'm not tired of admiring your feet and the gorgeous tatted sandals. it's interesting and unique.

TheClayMuse said...

I'm with Jewelstreet with the whole not a fan of feet thing.. but the sandals are awesome! Congrats on selling a custom pair the first day of listing! I see a new trend in the future..

Waterrose said...

Oh those look great in white. I think something like that under a bridal gown would be wonderful. I didn't realize that we both began blogging about the same time. You are much better at keeping up with it.